I recently took this photo in my backyard. Blossom petals cover everything and the sun is setting later in the evening. It’s obviously spring! Here are some of my favourite things for the season…
1. Favourite spring nail polish? Anything pastel purple. A nice creamy glossy layer of light purple makes me feel very spring!
2. What is your must-have lip colour this spring? I’m going against the trends and I’ll be wearing brown-pinks, neutrals and dark purple lips! Maybe I’ll change it up with a hit of hot pink every now and then.
3. Show us your favourite spring dress! Spring is obviously all about florals but to be honest, these days I’m not so into light clothing. This dress from City Chic really hits the mark for me! It’s flowery and flirty but still has that dark edge to it.
4. What’s your favourite flower? Peonies or blossoms! I either like big fluffy clouds of flowers or blankets of tiny pink and white buds over trees.
5. Favourite spring scarf/accessory? It’s getting sunny which means more protective sun wear. You also want to look fashionable though so I would pick this black fedora from Cotton On. Though I don’t own one myself since I’m not sure I am a hat person but I do love the look of a grey t-shirt, slouchy cardigan and tight jeans with a fedora. Throw on some little booties and a choker and you’re all set!
6. What spring trend(s) are you most excited about this year? (Makeup, fashion or both!) This year I love the idea of purple eyes and the theme of dark romance. Even though dark romance seems like an Autumn or Winter trend, I am glad it’s still kosher to wear dark lipsticks during the warmer months. I would do it anyway but still. Also, I have always been into purple on the eyes, especially lavender and pastel. It really brings out the green in my eyes!
7. Favourite spring candle? Anything cherry or vanilla. Fresh sweet scents make me think of spring! I have a Glade cherry one right now and waiting on some from Bath and Body Works in the mail with vanilla and cherry too!
8. Favourite body spray/perfume for spring? Burberry Brit Rhythm Floral is right up my alley! With orchard fruit, lemon, orange, jasmine, lotus blossom and lilac it is the perfect mix of zest and floral to be that fresh light scent you need for spring!
9. What is spring like where you live? A non-stop rollercoaster of hot sunny days, cold rainy days, warm nights or freezing temperatures. It’s a bit all over the place. The nice thing though is that since you have both rain and sun plants become very green and vibrant. Once it hits summer, the endless heat dries everything to brown. At least in spring it’s more moderate and colourful.
10. What’s your favourite thing about spring? It’s when my birthday happens. Also, slightly warm nights when you sit outside and enjoy a moderate breeze. I’m definitely more into the cooler seasons but at least spring isn’t as harsh.
11. Are you a spring cleaner? Oh definitely. Getting the windows open, the clothes on the line outside and seeing the newly cleaned surfaces sparkle in the sun is a great feeling!
12. Any plans for spring break or an upcoming vacation? My thesis will be due in 1 month. Then I plan to start a regular work out routine, get my learner’s driving permit and watch a tonne of movies, TV and play games! Maybe I will have a summer job, who knows at this point!